ENG1101-D336 Comp I, FA2018

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• The Turbid Ebb and Flow of Misery Glossary entry #1

sage
    Participant

In The Turbid Ebb and Flow of Misery by Margaret Sanger helps expand my vocabulary by introducing me to a word I’ve never head before. That word is called septicemia which at first I though was a regular word was in fact an infection that was being describe in paragraph 17 sentence 1. Septicemia is when a chemical is released into the bloodstream to fight infections but it triggers inflammation in the body that causes organ damage leading to them to fail. The following sentences also gave the hint that septicemia was involved with the body since it stated , “Never had I worked so fast, never so concentratedly. The sultry days and nights were melted into a torpid inferno. It did not seem possible there could be such heat, and every bit of food, ice, and drugs had to be carried up three flights of stairs.”This implies that something is passing through out the body and the inflammation is the heat going through. In addition to the stairs part hinting that three flights of stairs is heavy strain to the body which occurs in septicemia when the organs fail due to damage.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.