ENG1101 (D302) Comp 1, FA2018

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jose Castillo’s Labor Day Weekend

Jose Castillo
    Participant

Imagine having the house to yourself during labor weekend, it’s your first week of college, excitement running through your veins. You decide to throw a little party with your friends. As the bass from the speaker shakes the floor below, and you and your friends are jumping up and down. You receive a phone call that we all fear, a phone from your mom.

During my first week of college my mom and little brother left to Maryland to celebrate my aunt’s birthday. I stood back because I didn’t want to start college off on the wrong foot. As soon as they left the house, freedom was in the air ! It felt like a dream come true, first week of college and I have the house to myself. As my thoughts ran wild of the things I could’ve done, I just let myself focus on college 100% but come Labor Day weekend was when the things starting stirring up.

I had a successful first week of college and I wanted to be surrounded by some positive energy. I invited some middle school friends over and we turned into party animals. We were jumping and shouting as if we were in a rave, we could’ve sworn the police was going to knock on the door. Instead the most expected unexpected thing happens, my mom calls ! I turned off the speakers and told my friends to be quiet. My mom asks me questions in a rapid fire pace and I’m just saying “yea, yea mom” to everything. Then she finally hung up, I look at my friends and start laughing as I turn up the speakers to maximum volume.

My Labor Day weekend this year was definitely a night to remember and a night that I will cherish. But also a eye opener of what can happen if you are not responsible with your freedom. `

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.