ENG 1141: Intro to Creative Writing, Fall 2020

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Participation Activity, Session 13: Fiction Brainstorming Exercise 1

Jamyl Capellan
    Participant

1. a mom who gains wakes up with super powers.
    2. a cloud who can not rain and is judged by all the other clouds
    3. a girl finds a bird that can speak and is being tracked by the government
    4. a pair of twins who drink a mysterious brand of soda and wake up in the same body.
    5. a flame that is scared of the rain but the rain keeps trying to follow it.

A huge storm rages, the huge dark clouds smiling as they create powerful lighting and giant showers. A small fragile cloud watches in awe as the other clouds are create these intricate storms. As the storm begins to die down the huge clouds looking satisfied after a long days work. One cloud says ” hahaha did you see that tree go up in flames as my lighting struck.” The small cloud almost taking notes as the bigger clouds float away is pushed aside by the other young clouds. ” look who got blown away” said a young cloud, the other clouds laughing as the young cloud continued his taunts. “I wish I could be as big as the rain clouds” said the small cloud trying to catch up to the rest of the clouds. Everyone looked down on the small cloud because he could never do what the other clouds could. As they were making light rain showers, he struggled to make a few drops of rain.

thegreat1
    Participant

Events that might spark a story:

– Someone getting superpowers
    – First day of school.
    – You are moving to a new place.
    – Death of an important person.
    – A new job opportunity.

Introduction Paragraph: First Day Of School –

This is not my first day of school. Ok, technically, it is my first day of school. I have had many first days of schools before. I lost count of how many I had. This is different. The new frontier I’m entering is college. It reminds me of a slogan from an old wrestling program I watched as a kid “Anything can happen!”. Drugs, booze, sex, you want it? You got it. All here at Motivation University. Motivation. Is it supposed to be ironic? The only motivation I ever hear about is the motivation to see how much you can drink without falling dead in front of a bunch of rich kids that look and act like their part of the golf team, and girls that used more makeup and less clothes than a Vogue fashion line. I’m only hear because I’m sure all the other schools had saucer eyes seeing a kid with a bad rap wanted to learn at that school. No, they said. People like you belong in a college with a graduation rate less than the chance of Trump being re-elected.

fahamida
    Participant

Five ideas-
    • first day in the USA
    • get married at the age of 17
    • I dreamed at night and the next day my dream became true.
    • Becoming a mom at an early age
    • Losing the most important person from my life

Introduction paragraph: Losing the most important person from my life

When my father died, I felt a part of me die with him, because I knew I would never see him again. Ever since that day, my life has never been the same.

November 9, 2015, was the end, but also a new beginning. BOOM BOOM BOOM! was the sound from the guns that I heard. Suddenly my eyes were opened, I awoke from a deep sleep. I vividly remember counting seven shots, and my first thought was “Who just got killed?”. I was so terrified because they sounded so close. I knew the shooting was very near my house because I saw the lights from the guns reflect through my window onto my wall. I laid still in my bed and full of paranoia. As my heart pounded extremely fast, I heard a car drive off fast, the tires screeching loudly. Then I slowly looked out the window, even though I was full of fear. There he was flat on his back with his arms and legs spread away from his body. I had to catch my breath because I felt like half of my soul left my body. I became overcome with denial “No, not my dad, he wouldn’t leave me!”. Both good and bad memories flashed in my mind. Simultaneously I heard my mother screaming downstairs “I don’t know how to tell her, how and I going to tell my baby?!”. It was amazing how thin the walls were that day. A few minutes later I heard feet walking up the steps toward my room. My grandmother came into my room and sat down next to me on my bed. She was hesitant, but she eventually parted her lips to say “Your father is dead”. When she told me that my father was dead, I felt extreme heartache fill me. I kept thinking “My daddy was dead”. My face was wet from my tears, my throat sore from my crying, and my head throbbed from my headache. She held me and told me it would be ok but I felt otherwise.
    During my dad’s funeral, I was literally in shock. All I heard were screams and cries of sorrow. At one point in time, I looked around and realized that there were over two hundred people who had similar feelings. I closed my eyes and opened them back up slowly because I wanted someone to tell me that this was all a bad dream, but it was the reality.

kathryn876
    Participant

October 15, 2020

Kathy-Ann Valme
    Creative Writing

• Sun ripped laborers marched in the vineyards reluctantly, waiting to be carted off and sold to the highest bidder.
    • Domiciled and unforgotten young man seeks refuge for redemption.
    • The ghosts of my past, wrestling daily with my present to dominate my future.
    • Separated at birth as I struggle to regain and reclaim my identity.
    • My Future, my life is on the line….

Title: My Future, my life is on the line….

Entrenched in my own thoughts, I quiver as fear gripped every fiber of my being. I am about to lose my husband, my best friend the sadistic animal consumed by revenge and refuge – so anxious to prove that his strength was enough to make him a winner while losing sight of the fact that winning the fight meant losing everything. I screamed his name, “Trevor,” in hopes of my voice echoing in the densely populated forest on the outskirt of Cedar Grove, a secluded area that relied heavily on Mother Nature to release her kindness and water the environs with heavenly blessings. My miniature vocal cords needed company to transmit the signals I wanted to convey. My tears overflowed as anxiety gripped my body as I tried to process the headlines of the 7 pm news. Again, adversity stares down at me piercingly knowing darn well I was trapped. My wig became increasingly loose, shifting on my head as I fathom my life decisions, the fate of my only son Eli, and a precious gift from God. I have to contemplate my future …..

kathryn876
    Participant

October 15, 2020

Kathy-Ann Valme
    Creative Writing

• Sun ripped laborers marched in the vineyards reluctantly, waiting to be carted off and sold to the highest bidder.
    • Domiciled and unforgotten young man seeks refuge for redemption.
    • The ghosts of my past, wrestling daily with my present to dominate my future.
    • Separated at birth as I struggle to regain and reclaim my identity.

Title: My Future, my life is on the line….

Entrenched in my own thoughts, I quiver as fear gripped every fiber of my being. I am about to lose my husband, my best friend the sadistic animal consumed by revenge and refuge – so anxious to prove that his strength was enough to make him a winner while losing sight of the fact that winning the fight meant losing everything. I screamed his name, “Trevor,” in hopes of my voice echoing in the densely populated forest on the outskirt of Cedar Grove, a secluded area that relied heavily on Mother Nature to release her kindness and water the environs with heavenly blessings. My miniature vocal cords needed company to transmit the signals I wanted to convey. My tears overflowed as anxiety gripped my body as I tried to process the headlines of the 7 pm news. Again, adversity stares down at me piercingly knowing darn well I was trapped. My wig became increasingly loose, shifting on my head as I fathom my life decisions, the fate of my only son Eli, and a precious gift from God. I have to contemplate my future …..

Naveen
    Participant

Five ideas that spark a story
    1. Leaving the country that i was born, leaving my family and going oversees to a place where i had to start from the beginning
    2. Wishing everything went good and already be done with school
    3. Being able to live alone with my own space
    4. Wanting to travel to every single country
    5. Working at a farm all day for few weeks

1. I finished my highschool when i was 17 and went to college, but didn’t go well because of personal problems, and changed schools and tried the same mayor while doing that my mum offered if i wanted to come to usa to study so i don’t need to deal with the problems, at that age i didnt nt think much and just said yes. Left everything behind, my friends family. When i came here everything seemed fine and fun, but then the private school that i was going to went bankrupt and didn’t t give me my money back, then i had to take a break and joined citytech and it has been 2years now and finally graduating

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.