ENG 1121 D440 Fall 2019

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Due 5PM on 11/17: Analyze TED talk

Pegdwende
    Participant

1. Watch Greta Thunberg’s TED talk on the Course Calendar with Readings. Pick a moment when she uses one of the rhetorical appeals (ethos, pathos, logos) well. Quote what she says and explain why that’s an effective use of the rhetorical appeal.
    “Not just flooded cities, tens of thousands of dead people, whole nation level to piles of torn down buildings, you would see some restrictions but no one talks about it, there are no emergencies building, no headlines, no breaking news, no one is acting as if we were in crisis.” This Quote for pathos appeals to me emotionally because many people have lost their homes, their countries and there are no people acting as if we are in a crisis, this climate change is affecting all of us, everyone around the world and we need to take immediate action in order to limit the change in the climate.

2. How can you effectively use rhetorical appeals in your own remix project? Which rhetorical appeal do you think that you’ll use the most?
    I can use rhetorical appeals on my remix project to show the importance of my project, and to appeal to my readers, similarly used in the Ted talk. In my project I will use logos because using facts would show reasons why, and how would it help us .

veronica benitez
    Participant

1. Watch Greta Thunberg’s TED talk on the Course Calendar with Readings. Pick a moment when she uses one of the rhetorical appeals (ethos, pathos, logos) well. Quote what she says and explain why that’s an effective use of the rhetorical appeal.

Pathos is an rhetorical appeal she use to express her emotions and to explain how important it is to address the issue and make a change.

“There is no emergency meetings no breaking news, everyone is acting like we’re not in a crisis” is an effective use of pathos rhetorical appeal because she’s putting her emotions and her point of view of how she feel others view the situation. This is important because she looking to explain the importance of the situation that others don’t take serious.

2. How can you effectively use rhetorical appeals in your own remix project? Which rhetorical appeal do you think that you’ll use the most?

I can effectively use rhetorical appeal in my own remix project by putting focus on the credibility that is mentioned to support my topic. I will also use pathos to put my emotions and opinions on the topic to support why this topic is important and need to be addressed.

HiuWang
    Participant

Ethos: Ted talk make her speech credibility.
    Pathos: base on her tone, she want to share a serious problem about the pollution in the world we living.
    Logos: She provides evidence on her speech, about what happening about the climate and how it affecting to us.

Quote- Furthermore, does hardly anyone speak about the fact that we are in the midst of the sixth mass extinction: With up to 200 species going extinct every single day. That the extinction rate is today between 1000 and 10 000 times higher than what is seen as normal.

This quote provides evidence about how the climate affecting the world, lot of animal are extinct everyday and its an abnormal state.

im used powerpoint for my remix project, because its easy for me to show the date and picture.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.