ENG 1121 D440 Fall 2019

• Due 11/5 at 5PM: Three potential genres for your remix
  • #56197

Amber Slater

Hi all!

For homework, please answer these questions:
    1) What is the call to action (thesis) from your research paper?
    2) What are three potential genres that you might choose for your remix project? Why would these be a good fit?
    3) Does any one genre stick out to you most of all?
    4) Do you have any model texts that you might use to help you create the remix? (for example, if you want to make a photo essay, have you seen any photo essays that you might want to use as a sample as you create your own?) Feel free to post links for model texts!

#56204

Elijaruhith

1. One way Fast food restaurant owners can help their employees is by providing them with mental health services.
    2. photo essay, short video, power points
    3. yes photo essay i will take some pictures of a fast food employee. I will elaborate on the obstacles and stress an employee faces everyday and ways we can improve their mental health.
    4.i dont knowwww .

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Elijaruhith.
    #56205

Samuel ugweje

My call to action thesis where three main issues working college students face when they have to commute to class from long distance, issues which were, incompetent professors, time management, and networking.

Video interview, photo essay, and creating an instagram account.

I’m mainly interested in a video interview.

I saw some people get interview in the “voices from the march of science” Video and I feel I can just find a few people in my community and have a video interview of some issues they face and what they think can be done better.

#56206

Janice Chen

I am calling to have the minimum wage in New York City to be raised to action.

2) What are the three potential genres that you might choose for your remix project? Why would these be a good fit?
    – Video
    – PowerPoint presentation
    – Photo essay (ie. Instagram)

These would be a good fit because, for a video, I can interview my co-workers about how they think about their wages.
    For powerpoint, I can put all the information in with explanations and pictures for visual evidence.
    For a Photo essay, I can create an Instagram page so not just our classmates, but the whole world can see why does my action needs to be called and be implemented.

I can’t decide which one to use yet, however, I put them into an order of my favorite. Video, PPT and Photo essay.

For my video, I am thinking of filming an interview for my co-workers. There would be very truthful.
    For my PPT and photo essay, I will use both photos and words. I havent seen any useable sources yet.

#56208

Jamir Campbell

1)sneaker resellers are ruining the sneaker culture.

2)one potential genre I’m thinking about is making an instagram account with the interviews of people I used in my essay . Another one might be a small documentary, or I might use a picture essay .

3)The instagram account is stuck out to me the most because I feel it would show the interviews I did the best.

4)Idk yet I have too do some research first.

#56209

1) My call to action is for coaches to pep talk their soccer players so they would be fully motivated and not discouraged throughout their games.

2)
    * poster: this would be a good fit because it’s brief and if displayed properly I can catch anyone’s eye from a mile away.
    * video documentary: this would be another great fit because in any documentary, it focuses on every point of the situation and there’s always an end solution.
    *video interview: lastly, with this form of genre you’ll be able to have best of both worlds: the subjective and the objective.

3) the poster genre sticks out to me the most because I’m high school I made a poster senior year for a capstone and I personally believe that it came out very well.

4) I can use my old senior capstone poster as a model text or for reference.

#56238

Ariel Montesino

1) My Call to action is to lessen or stop news outlets from blaming video games as a source of violence.

2) I think i would do either a photo essay, or video interview, or a powerpoint.

3) The one I’m more interested in would be the photo essay as then i can visually showcase the video games the murderers have played in the cases I’ve studied and further prove my point that video games are not to blame and that news outlets are misinforming the public.

4) As for the model text , I will be using the photos of school lunches example you showed us in class and have as a sample under the remix rubric.

#56239

1) My call to action is to find different ways to be greener (to save the planet) that would actually benefit the planet and not the consumers.

2) Blog post – because I can add picture of land fills with plastics and description explaining the picture about how it may affect our planet negatively.
    Video documentary – because Like the blog post I can also add pictures, videos and descriptions ; however, my worry is that I’m not going to be able to edit it on time to be able to be submitted because it takes time.
    IG page -because I can do something similar to-what the humans of new york did where they interviewed people and get their opinions about a topic.

3)The one that sticks out th most is probably the last one because for me I feel like I would be more able to do it better, and i feel like it’s just time practical since we don’t have plenty of time to actually finish the project. at the moment I don’t have an Idea yet.

4) like what i’ve said I have seen couple of photo essay and one of those are the Humans of New York posts on Instagram that was shown in class.

#56245

Graan

1- the call to action of my research paper is the lack of gymnasiums can be very detrimental when students want to succeed and be active in college.

2- most likely going to go with a photo essay or art drawing in which I can convey in many posters some sort of problem solution type of pictures with words of course.

3- art drawing genre sticks out to me the most because I have experience drawing and I would like to do it for this project

4- although I don’t have something to model my project after, I will have one as I get comfortable with the whole project aspects.

#56259

Yan Tao

1) My call to action thesis is to change the requirement for excelsior scholarship in New York.
    2) The three potential genres that I might choose for my remix project is powerpoint presentation, photo essay, video. Those can be a good fit because I can place information and pictures about my issue into the genres.
    3) I feel like powerpoint presentation would be what I will be working on.
    4) I don’t have any model texts.

#56260

Iris Olmos

1) My thesis is availability for feminine products in schools
    2) A poster including real life experiences and stories about females not having these products available. Another one with a video interviewing women on the streets of new york. Lastly, one that is displayed on an instagram page to bring more awareness.
    3) The poster idea stands out to me the most because i can add picture of real life girls explaining there experiences quoted.
    4) I’m not quite sure at the moment.

#56261

Pegdwende

1) My thesis is In what way can a sports teams or clubs improve students performance and academic skills,
    and does being in an athletic team change a student academic skills.
    2)Three potential genres i could use are a website, picture description, and photo essay.
    3) The most that stick out right now is the photo essay.
    4) At the moment i do not have an example to model my model my project base of it.

#56262

veronica benitez

My call to action thesis is to decrease or eliminate financial aid barriers in public colleges. My thesis focuses on low income, disabled, and uninformed students.

The three genres I would like to use is a picture video, an video interview, and an informative video.

The genre I think will get my point across will be an picture video or video interview because it make the situation relatable hearing other students random experiences they faced with financial aid.

I would actually make a video while class is out of session when the hallways are crowded and select random students from different ethnic groups to answer the questions I have regarding their experience with financial aid and how it can the financial aid system be improved.

#56267

Osmaldy Zalazar

1. My call to action is that media need to stop using video game as an excuse to blame other issues.

2. The potential 3 genre that I might pick is photo essay , short video and PowerPoint presentation .

3. The one most stick out to me was the photo essay.

4. I do not have example model to help me.

#56286

Edmond

1) The thesis from my research paper was to ease the stress on working college students caused by low minimum wages linking to more committed hours for income rather than their studies.

2) As potential genres for my remix project: I was thinking video interview or a slideshow. These two choices allow me to express the information I have to offer more easily.

3) No lol

4) I have yet to find solid pieces for my remix, but I do have many ideas on how to construct it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)