ENG 1101 LC32 Fall 2017

• Author
    Posts
  • #43947

Sarah Schmerler

I hate the classrooms. That’s the worst thing. Makes me depressed to think that I have to work around their limitations. The second worst thing is my absolute Existential free-floating fear. Like, about everything and nothing. Will the video projector bulb blow out while I’m talking? Stuff like that. Best things include: egg sandwiches in the cafeteria; saying “Hi” to people I haven’t seen in a minute; trying out for the NYCCT Step Team on Sept. 6!; consoling myself with too much coffee and donuts after I fail to make the Step Team. : )

#44314

Hao

I think the collage time is my best time in my life. Firstly I get more freedom at class because before the collage student just need to listen to the teacher and students can not express some their own idea or experience because teacher think we are too young but the collage is not and others like to know what do you think and why do you think about. Secondly collage class is a good way to get some interesting stories and make some new friends. So I like collage class and it is the best time for me.

#44571

Sarah Schmerler

I agree, Hao. We must be cognizant of the fact that college is a special time for dialogue. It’s like no other, really. It’s a mix of equality (everyone’s views matter) and respect (we always want to listen to someone who knows more than we do, because gaining in knowledge is key). Betterment. Getting better every day. It’s like the unspoken mandate for both teacher and student.

#44603

DylanGM

So far there are many bad things and good things about the school. For me one bad thing about school is that all classes are in different places on campus and I gotta walk a lot, when I’m so use to just going up and down staircases. One good thing about school so far is my English teacher, in the past I never got along with my any of my English teachers for the simple fact that I didn’t want to open to them, I would never let them know what was really going one behind the scenes. But this time around it’s different. I feel very connected to my English teacher.

#44674

Gabriela Pena

The worst thing about school so far is the fact my classes have six hour gaps, and it’s really messing with my sleeping schedule. Also I don’t know anyone so I have no one to hang out with or study with or anything. I’ve met a couple of people but they aren’t really my friends you know? The best thing has to be I’m not home as often, I literally spend my whole day at city tech. Another good thing is I feel myself getting to know myself better. Not sure if that makes sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)