ENG 1101 Fall 2021 0277

active 1 year, 7 months ago
ENG 1101 Fall 2021 0277
English
ENG 1101

English Composition I is a course to help student improve their writing skills through various activities and assignments.

Writing well is essential for all college students regardless of their majors or future plans.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Prof. Masiello

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 4 times; view clone(s).

Student Survey

Faculty: You can use this survey to understand the technology and working spaces available to […] See MoreStudent Survey

Discussion: Introductions

Faculty: Below is a recommended activity that helps build community in your class and introduces […] See MoreDiscussion: Introductions

Student Post (Example)

Faculty: This example student post and comment demonstrate how students can contribute and […] See MoreStudent Post (Example)

No Comments Found

11/23 questions on “The Short, Happy Life of Frances Macomber”

(a) I believe it keeps the readers engaged in the story. This makes the readers think back about what they just read about the specific parts. (b) The three main characters are Francis Macomber, Margot, and Robert Wilson. (c) Author […] See More11/23 questions on “The Short, Happy Life of Frances Macomber”

Sept. 16 questions about “Young Goodman Brown”

(a) Salem, Massachusetts was a city near Boston which is famous for its witch trials in the 1692, and where locals were killed for alleged practice of witchcraft. (b) The name of major characters is “Goodman” and “fa […] See MoreSept. 16 questions about “Young Goodman Brown”

11/16 Discussion questions the essay “I Want a Wife”

(a) The author is criticizing the society’s expectations of women as wives. So she is essentially just narrating everything that is expected of wives. (b) I believe she has done an exceptional job at expressing her c […] See More11/16 Discussion questions the essay “I Want a Wife”

11/30 Gender Bias in stories–essay three

NOTE: I have also posted this in Files, as a pdf with highlighting and perhaps a more pleasing look. Gone Girl (2014) partial plot summary from Wikipedia: The day of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne returns home to find that his wife See More11/30 Gender Bias in stories–essay three

10/21 Quoting using other methods

Please see the Files folder for the document called 10/21 Methods B and D It has one indirect quote to do. See More10/21 Quoting using other methods

10/19 Method A tag before quote

Remember, an internal quote is what you would include inside the paragraphs of an essay.   I am posting two correct models for what I was expecting.  Please write what it asks you to write.   Quoting is an essential component of See More10/19 Method A tag before quote

Members

This group has no members.