ENG 1101 Fall 2020 OL20 (26956)

• Author
    Posts
  • #66613

Makai

I have no problems writing as long as I get free will, back in high school whenever we had to write stories I would always have more confidence than others because when I get to write stories of my own I can get really creative. Sometimes I even lose track of time and almost end up writing a book. I also like to write poetry because for me it just comes naturally and I can express myself through poetry or lyrics.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Makai.
    #66892

Elda Idrizi

I love to write where I express my emotions in a journal. Writing at times can be an exercise to release emotional turbulence. Although it can be stressful when writing for an assignment for school because I often get writer’s block without a little guidance or inspiration. I get excited to write when I have all my ideas and thoughts organized, I feel as if I am typing away when my writing is organized and makes sense.

#66962

Prof. Masiello

Well, Elda, you are correct about these matters:

Writing things down is therapeutic when you are upset about something. Just writing it helps get it out of your head. No one else needs to even see it.

Also writing preserves your thoughts, hence using a journal.

Writing requires collecting one’s thoughts. Often we only use speaking to be spontaneous, whereas writing takes time.

Typically we speak to someone who replies, giving us immediate feedback. Writing requires time not just to do, but to get feedback.

We, therefore, have to provide details about how the reader will reply and have to provide details, like Makia mentioned, because writing is rather one-sided.

#67065

Leilani Dickinson

I’m not the biggest fan of writing, because most of the time I have a lot to write but I’ve always struggled with getting my thoughts on paper. My teachers use to tell me to just write down what I am thinking, but that’s hard because when I am writing on a topic I usually have so many ideas floating around or I’m indecisive about what parts I want to write. That also leads to my work sometimes being disorganized and confusing. Then I’m disappointed in my work.

#67194

Melina Tlatelpa

I enjoy writing even though I don’t do it daily. But at times writing can be hard when doing school assignments because I just don’t know what to write anymore. Writing can be a way to let stress go away. When I write in my journal I feel relieved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)