COMD1103 Foundation Drawing, D120, FA2016

active 3 years, 7 months ago
Communication Design
COMD 1103

This is an introductory course designed to explore the basic tools, techniques and principles of
drawing. Students will develop an understanding of the five basic perceptual skills of drawing:
The Perception of Edges, The Perception of Spaces, The Perception of Relationships, The
Perception of Light and Shadow, and The Perception of the Whole Form. This will be continued
with an-depth study of classical drawing principles critical to achieving realism in drawing.
Concepts such as Composition, Proportion and Perspective will be covered. Students will learn
to further render forms through analysis of light and shadow and by utilizing the 5-value system.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Sara Gómez Woolley

This course has been cloned or re-cloned 5 times; view clone(s).

Final

I chose this location because so love sea food and and Maine is the main por of seafood […] See MoreFinal

The place I choose was the bridge across a highway in the Bronx. I don't know how to make it not upside down See More

Final Drawing Assignment Location- Silvia N.

The place I decided to draw for our final take home assignment was my local church, Our Lady of […] See MoreFinal Drawing Assignment Location- Silvia N.

No Comments Found

Aubrey Beardsley Discussion

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Beardsley-peacockskirt.PNG the composition titled "peacockskirt" by Aubrey Beardsley had caught my attention because his use of contrast between white and black helps show points of […] See MoreAubrey Beardsley Discussion