COMD 1100, spr2019

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• thursday 4/20 class

caroldiamond
    Participant

Hello all,
    Thank you for working independently today- I’m sorry I couldn’t find a substitute. Someone will be in to take attendance at the beginning of class, middle and near the end – will let you at at 1:40.

This is a chance to help one another – teach, learn as a group.
    As I described, after you finish the first painting project with triads and value scale, continue:

Color Panels.

PAINT ON SKETCH PAPER IN 4-5 STRIPS, TO THE EDGE OF THE PAGES.

You will use those Monday to cut and paste in designs which show the concept Simultaneous Contrast, which will be explained in full.
    Remember: All colors have their natural value – yellow is very light, orange is medium, red/greens are medium/dark, blues and violets are dark. Mixed hues of brown and gray are dark as well. To change Value to light, add different amounts of white and pale gray.

PAGE 1 – all light tints – any hues you want, dull, intense, all colors mixed with different amounts of white to create beautiful tints.

PAGE 2- medium value hues – look at a black/white value scale on a color wheel or online – match the middle values. For instance, Orange is middle value, yellow/green, greens, blues, reds with a little white or pale gray, etc.– if you mix browns and grays, add however much white to match the value key you’re looking for.

PAGE 3- all dark hues.

TAKE YOUR TIME. THESE ARE DUE MONDAY. GO SLOW, MAKE INTERESTING VARIETY OF SENSITIVE COLOR. USE LOW INTENSITY AND HIGH INTENSITY COLORS.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.