Christine Delva’s ePortfolio

Christine Delva's ePortfolio
This ePortfolio Profile is PRIVATE, but all logged-in OpenLab members may view the ePortfolio Site.
Hospitality Management
Portfolio Description

Christine Delva
HMGT 1101 –Perspectives in Hospitality Management
September 7th, 2015

“Life is a hole in the heart”; by Ben Hecht. Whether you attack with positive attitude or just let it fly through your hands, either way it is happening. This quoted relates to my life and describe me overall. An empty feeling in my stomach emerged and I knew it wasn’t hunger; at least, not hungry for food. I am hungry for success but was struggling to pursue goals that I made for myself. When I was young, I had many dreams and fantasy of how I wanted to be when I grew up. As I grew older I was still uncertain in which direction or path I wanted to encounter. I am an outgoing person and for me to be scared to strive for success was unbelievable. I knew I wanted to be either Mortician or Sonogram Tech.
Well as I grew older realizing science was my weakness. Helping people was in my blood and providing service was my strength. Making sure a customer is satisfied gives me joy. I decided to manage private events, cater cook food to people & etc. A friend came to me and said “Why don’t you make this your career”. I was confused at first and a little hesitant. Then I said “Christine, maybe this can fill the hole in your heart, go for it, enrolled into Hospitality Program”. Working retails and nursing home jobs gave me a well round background experience of pleasing customers. Even though, I never work in a hotel or any restaurant. I know I am capable of doing it. I truly believe if you attack something with a positive attitude anything is possible. You will accomplish many things and also make a difference in yourself. Also I do believe in helping others as well. You never know if this person or you and this person could make a difference. Listening to others advice, opinion and critics can benefit you as person as well.
Two to three years from now I can see myself doing variety of things. I would like to be working or managing a hotel/bed and breakfast in two different countries. Also have a little small event planning business and help my mom pursue a baking school in Haiti. I am eager to open all these ideas don’t know how it going to work but I know I will do a fantastic job at it. I obtain my Associate Degree while I was pregnant with my daughter. After having my precious daughter, thought it was the end of making a change in my life. But I was wrong, if I don’t spread my wings I will not fly. I decided to dedicate my time to focus on my school. I had to arrange my school schedule according to my work schedule, very determine even if it going to be a hard sacrifice. God is good; he will help me become the person I want to be by opening doors. Here I am in you class today.
Helping people and making people happy fills my heart with unconditional love. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing someone very satisfied with the service you provide. If I do accomplish, these goals will change me as a person. My family is my supporters; my daughter is my future and touching people live will be phenomenal. I am willing to embark on this challenge to become who I believe I can be. By then it will make my heart a whole once I reach my dreams.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: cecebezou