ADV1167 Type&Media S2014 (MF)

active 9 years, 7 months ago
ADV1167 Type&Media S2014 (MF)
Communication Design
ADV1167
Spring 2014

This is a foundation course in typography with emphasis on using type for a range of industry related applications from print to interactive. Students will be introduced to principles of type design and terminology including: variations of type structure, anatomy, font usage, grid, leading, kerning, tracking and alignment. Students will learn industry standard software such as InDesign on the Macintosh operating system.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Prof. Mary Brown

Final Exam

You final exam is on Monday, May 19th at 11:30. You should know the information that appeared on […] See MoreFinal Exam

Upcoming Dates to Remember

#181294609 / gettyimages.com The end of the semester is fast approaching so you need to make […] See MoreUpcoming Dates to Remember

Spring Recess Assignments

I know it's been awhile, but spring recess is a good time for us to catch up on our journal items. […] See MoreSpring Recess Assignments

Comment on "REMINDER: The Mid-Term Exam"

[…] information listed here is still […] See MoreComment on "REMINDER: The Mid-Term Exam"

Comment on "Typography in LES, NYC"

By the type in my neighborhood, in one word it can show "independence" or "unique/distinct", like […] See MoreComment on "Typography in LES, NYC"

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

The Type In Starret

Christopher DeLeon January 28, 2014   The Type in Starrett A single hour is all it took. A single hour is all it took for me to summarize my neighborhoods taste for typography through phoographs. There are 20 of these photographs. Each photo See MoreThe Type In Starret