ADV1100 Graphic Design Principles 1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Assignment #2 Aural Topographies: Mash Up Prep

Sean Nurse
    Participant

Here are my thumbnails, Just some free form expression of how I interpret music. Let me know what ya think.
    Sorry if this appears really obnoxious and takes up the whole page

Jenna Spevack
    Participant

Hi All!

If you haven’t already done so, please go to the Class Site and READ CAREFULLY the schedule of events for this online class:
    http://profspevack.com/designcolor

Great start to critique!

Andrew: The second one in the first column and the third one in the second column kind of throw me off because the lines look like they’re a hybrid lovechild of staccato and legato. like I can’t really pick out what they’re supposed to be. Other than that, everything is on point, I would say! The staccato patterns are easily recognizable, jagged, sharp, bold!

Oscar Alberto
    Participant

Here are my 6 Legato and 6 staccato thumbnail sketches. Let me know what you guys think

Michael, you might need to stretch out some of your legato patterns because some of the curves begin to look like edges when they’re smaller & closer to each other. But I think your patters are pretty good.
    Rodney, It’s clear to me which ones are staccato and which ones are legato because of the monotony in your legato patterns and the sharp movements in your staccato patterns.
    Wanda, your patterns were successful, except I wasn’t sure about the last one just because the dots kind of give me a staccato feel. Your staccato patters were cool and unique. I also likes the repetition in the bottom two!

julio

Here are my six Legato and six staccato thumbnail sketches. and i guessing iam wrong =(

MichaelG

lol thanks for the feedback Vicky.

Andrew: I agree with Vicky the second one in the first column and the third one in the second column do kinda throw me off. I think if you maybe take some of the lines and way and kind of smooth out the jagged edges it will look perfect, but it also depends on what was your basic idea from the beginning. To make those designs Staccato try adding more jagged edges other than longer lines just so that it can be clearer. Great job though.

Jenna Spevack
    Participant

Jessica: Clearly seeing your rhythms as staccato and legato. I would like to now see you varying the line weights and filling in areas of your pattern sketches so that they become fully developed designs. Refer to the references on the Class Site for inspiration. Great start!

MichaelG

Andrew: Ok cool I understand thanks for the feedback

Sean Nurse
    Participant

I really like your Legato Patterns, Oscar. There really smooth and artistic. I’m not crazy about your staccato I think you put a lot more work into your legato.

Mario
    Participant

This is my Staccato pattern, I did it listening to ‘One of a Kind’ is a hip-hop song, it has a really strong beat which I really liked and motivated me for this one pattern.

Jenna Spevack
    Participant

Sean, Please resize your images, if you are able. Otherwise I will have to delete your post, sorry. If you have trouble, let me know and we’ll figure something out.

Julio: I feel like I was launched into space with your thumbnails. In a good way, of course B) I don’t think you are “wrong” per say, but at the same time, I’m having trouble distinguishing some of them. Like in the second image, the top and bottom ones on the left are clearly staccato to me. In the same image, the one in the bottom right corner, looks really friggin cool :DDD But I’m not sure whether is star or lagg..

Jenna Spevack
    Participant

Mario: This looks like a good start, but now is the time to create 6 individual patterns of each staccato and legato. I suggest cropping different areas of this page to begin with. Then flesh them out a bit more, varying the line weight and orientation (rotating right/left/etc). Then work on your legato patterns. Take a look at your colleagues work for reference.

Sean Nurse
    Participant

Ok this is just a repost in case I messed up the other thumbnail post… I’m not sure it was going up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.