kairise’s Gallery Report

Pace gallery: When i saw the magazines and fashion i thought about how modernized society is today. I saw the difference between how much vogue magazines had made so many changes to the font from bringing things into color. I thought about nature vs. nurture because of the beauty of nature combined with human elements like lips with a bee laying on top. This attracted my eyes because bees can be dangerous to a human so it caught my attention of being fearless.

Nick Brandt: I was overwhelmed when i saw how large were his images, which i thought was pretty cool to look everywhere. He used strong lighting in his pictures. He uses his focal point on each image in the face. Also uses high depth of field in all pictures and photographs on level medium shots.

Marryboone: The images have alot of color and have unique antique style. Uses different wallpaper. The designs reminds me of the framing of a daguerrrotype. The different sceneries shows his technique of taking picture. They all look as if someone is fixing or moving into a house. I like how he uses perspective from showing one room going into another room.

Dangizer: The fact that all of the images were made in a water tank impressed me. Each water tank consisted of the sillhoute of leaves. It gave me a cool feeling because each imaged looked calm and relaxing. The images looked 3D instead of it being flat inside a tank. Each image had a different color which gave it a different type of mood.

Yancy Ruchardson: She used a solid for snow as a replacement for dirty snow. You can see the cracks of the mountain in high definition. These landscape images made me feel as if im inside the picture. It reminds me of the map of the earth. She uses alot of negative space purposely.

David Zinger: Most images seem like night scenes most seem lonely in hotels and things you find around a hotel. He uses the lighting to highlight the face and blocks out the body with shadow. Each image told a story as if someone is watching them. He uses alot of city lights. I personally thought this was the best gallery because they were strong images about male prostitution.