Kairise Evaluation

One concept i learned in this class was short light. I learned that short light only highlights some of the features of the face. The side of the face that is furthest from the camera gets more light. My experience in setting this up taught me where to place the camera and the lighting. You can either place the light on the right side of the face either left or right. The camera must be placed in the middle of the face. Using short light creates a dramatic look. I can use this in the future to create serious public service announcements for a cause like cyber bullying. I think this helps me alot because it is useful for many things such as making someone look thinner, dramatic scenes, and portraits.

Another concept i learned about was using shallow depth of field. Shallow Depth of Field creates focus on the object and the rest would be out of focus. This created a big impact on the object because the object is more enhanced and detailed. This is a great technique because it isolates a part of the shot. I learned to make this shot by having to adjust the focal point and the focal distance. This would help me in the future with various things. Mainly to sell a product i would use the technique of shallow depth of field because i would like to emphasize on the product instead of creating distraction with the background.

Painting with light helped me learn a lot of strategies. This experience was so fun because of all the colors used. When we were creating the image we had to paint a picture under a certain amount of seconds which was a little difficult. I learned that you can actually use a flash light and paper filters to make different colored lights. In the future this is helpful to me because i like to create playful fun things and this can come in handy for events and parties. My kind of style is colorful and bright things so this method i would definitely use.