Industry Research

June 11, 2015 at 1:50 pm
https://www.samsungbusinessblog.com/2015/04/10/an-extraordinary-guest-experience-at-the-sls-las-vegas-hotel-casino/#.VXZk_L8zwAo.mailto

In this great article we see how technology is getting more and more integrated in the hotel industry. Samsung is providing their products to enhance the guest experience while strengthening the brand. 60 foot wall screen entrance and smart TV in every room that interfaces with the hotel’s departments showcasing menus, daily events, specials in the restaurants, and concierge services.
What most interested me was the self-check in tablets at the lobby and especially since I’ve been helping at the house keeping department at The Carlyle the fact that each member of the department has a tablet in hand which allows real-time updates on room status and special guest requests. These past weeks I’ve experienced first-hand the struggles and running up and down the floors to inform the Front Desk at 12pm which rooms are vacant and which room attendant finished or needs help to get finished faster in order to accommodate and early check in.

One Response to Industry Research

1. Stephanie says:

I agree to incorporating technology into the industry but at some degree I feel that there is no customer service if you have self-check in tablet at a restaurant. As Hospitality professionals we are in charge of making the guests welcomed and we make them feel comfortable with our service. Technology is very helpful, yes, since you experience having to go up and down checking the rooms but I think customers appreciate that work because they feel like you care about them.