Touring the Brooklyn Coffee Roasting Company. by Mirza Rashid

2 weeks ago I went to Brooklyn coffee roasting company. Since I don’tĀ drink Alcohol and I love coffee it was a very good experience for me to explore the coffee roasting place. I had no idea how the coffee roasts and a brew I’m glad that I went there and learned a lot. I had a lotĀ of questions and the employees were super nice they answered all my questions. Melissa is a barista and she’s been working there for over 2 years.she has very good knowledge about coffee.I asked her what the difference between light roast coffee and dark roast coffee. so she told me light roast is coffee beans roasted at low temperature and short time.its has the floral and sweet flavor to it and dark roast is roasted for a long time and at a higher temperature. it has a strong and bitter flavor.

This is a samplerĀ testing machine where they test the coffee beans. in this machine they test the beans for its quality.theresĀ some rules to sample the coffee bean it should be stored in a cool and drakĀ place.The sample they roast 24 hours of cupping the beans.

This is sampler coffee stored for testing.

This is a Coffee roasting machine.This is where they roast coffee beans.so there areĀ two species of coffee Robusta and Arabica. Robusta coffee has more caffeine, it has a strong and bitter taste. and one the other side Arabica has much less caffeine than Robusta.has a sweeter taste.

Brooklyn Coffee Roastery is 85% fair trade.All of their coffee beans are locally roasted every day.They have coffee beans from all around the world.Brazil, Mexico.Kenya, Costa RicoĀ etc.They also have organicĀ and sustainableĀ coffees.

It was an amazing experience and I really learned a lot.

1 thought on “Touring the Brooklyn Coffee Roasting Company. by Mirza Rashid