G&I Wine Spirits

These are wines from New Zealand, one of them came from Oyster Bay and is a Chardonnay and there is Sauvignon Blanc as well.

I visit a retail wine store called “GI Wing Spirits.” It is located at Willoughby St, Brooklyn. The store itself looks like a local retail shop, not a very big one but they have wines all from different part of the world. Some of the wines that I found interesting are the one from New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Africa, South America and even Brooklyn. When I first walked in, I told them that I studied Wine from New York City College of Technology. The worker asked their manager outright the way because they said he has the knowledge and he is a wine professional. I was very excited to meet him.

Wines from France there are Pinot Grigio and some of the wines are from Vallee Du Rhone.

I though a listed of questions that I wanted to ask him but because he has a costumer I asked a few that I’m really interested in. I asked him what is the best wine your store offers he react immediately, he said “there are no such thing the best because everyone has a different taste, you might like it sweeter than the others it was really hard to say what’s the best. But we can say what is a high-quality wine instead.” Then he talked about what the local market, he told me because the area becomes a very diverse place they included a lot of different wine from the different part of the world. People in this area came in to purchase all type of wines, some people are daily wine drinker which they liked cheaper wines. He didn’t mention about a fine dining restaurant, so I assume that most of his business are mostly focus on local daily drinkers. I asked him I love Chardonnay which one you prefer. He told me there are Chardonnay from different places for examples Brooklyn, New Zealand, and France. Every place has their unique characteristics. I told him I tried Naudin Varrault, Chardonnay, Mâcon-Villages, Burgundy, France, 2015 the other day from a restaurant it was amazing I paired with Maine lobster it made that lobster when to a whole other level. Unfortunately, they don’t have that one in store but he shows me another interesting one that is from France. I had a great time talking with him but I didn’t have a chance to ask his name and business card because he had other business to take care.

Wines from Spain and some of the Spain region that I discovered is Rioja.

Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.

I think one of the weaknesses of this store is their location.  Its located in a business area and a lot of schools are around, so I think in terms of marketing they only focus in daily drinkers around the area. I think it would bring them greater business if the store is open in another area. Also, I realize that there is only one person which is the manager has knowledge about wines and when I walked in I have to wait for him, he is super busy it was really hard to focus on every customer, they should have at least one more person that has the knowledge.

3 thoughts on “G&I Wine Spirits

1. I liked that you asked the manager what was his/her favorite type of wine was . I wish I asked that during my visit. That would have gave me another opportunity to taste a wine that i’ve never had before.