Retail Beverage Shop Analysis (Thirst Wine Merchants)

For this Retail Wine Assignment I decide to visit Thirst Wine Merchants in Fort Greene. it was a very small wine shop that is hidden on the Greene Ave. Nel who was the only person there at the moment, helped me out with a few questions. I had the task to look for  specific wines, and he helped me out through the process. Like mentioned before, this is a very small wine shop. There was no one in there, so it was very easy to ask questions to Nel. He was explaining to me that they only specialize in Natural wines. By that he meant organic and biodynamic. Nel also mentioned that they only work with small wineries that’s why the prices are not so high. This wine shop supports small biodynamic farms because it assures the quality of the grape. Thirst Wine Merchants Shop agree that organic wines are way Better than any other wines because they do not contain any chemicals or pesticides in them.

I noticed that as I was walking around, the Wines were all arranged by country and region. that’s when my search for wines became easier. Because most of the bottles were dark, I really had to read the labels carefully to determine what kind of wine it was.

Because we always try different wines, I enjoyed German Wines very much. In fact, I liked Silvaner very much, I decided to buy one. It’s really fruity and Nel mentioned that it has stone fruits and it is very light.

Wine I decided to buy
Silvaner

Pictured here is the Red Wine from Spain, Nas del Gegant. With the vinatage of 2017 and made of a blend of Cabernet Franc, Carignan, Grenache and Merlot. A good food pairing with this can be Grilled lamb or rice with any meat. 
Nas del Gegant

Morphos 2018, is an American Sparkling Wine from the Oyster River Winegrowers. This sparkling wine consists of dry cloudy flavor. It has been said that this Wine still continues to ferment even after being bottled.
Morphos 2018

We have studied about wines in Italy. But never knew that wine was made from Umbria, Italy. This is a white wine with a vintage of 2017.
Margó Regio Blanco

Here we have what I would say is the Shelf Talker because they did not really have any wines that stood out. This was the nearest thing to a shelf talker. They also had signs up for wines that they only had a few left of, but they were only on display because they were for sale.
Shelf Talker

3 thoughts on “Retail Beverage Shop Analysis (Thirst Wine Merchants)

1. I like the idea of this wine shop being natural and organic. That aspect makes the shop unique and I would definitely go here. I enjoyed Germany wines as well and would love to know your thoughts on the wine for future purchases.

2. The idea of organizing the wines by region is helpful and easir for customers. Its great that the store assure quality wine because it will attract customer. Picture were very detail and have useful information.