Michael Town Wines and Spirits

Admittedly, I originally chose this location because it was very close to the school, but I’m very glad such a large and informative shop is within walking distance. The store has a large selection of wines from various countries. Each country is labelled by either red or white, while region and grape variety are typically grouped together on the shelf.

When I got in, I spoke to Jim, who seemed very knowledgeable and happy to help. I asked him about what wines would pair best with Haitian food (which is a blend of French, African, Taino, and Spanish cuisines) and we went on a trip all over the store.

Wines from Argentine, Spain, South Africa, and New Zealand

Jim showed me a variety of affordable wines that he thought would pair well with specific dishes, as well as some of his personal favorites. He recommended a variety of reds and whites, such as Pinot Noir and Reisling, for their ability to cut through fatty meats, or for their ability to draw out latent flavors in the dish.

Unfortunately we weren’t able to get much into the Rose wines, since Jim started getting heat from his staff, but I wanted to include them into the post since they were such a pretty color.

Wall of Rose

Very pretty bottle design.

I really enjoyed my time in the shop, and definitely plan on visiting again.

Huge 3 liter bottle of wine!

2 thoughts on “Michael Town Wines and Spirits