The article is to be written to satisfy one of the following reasons for tourists to travel:
- Historic Tourism 5. Adventure Tourism
- Ecotourism 6. Sports Tourism
- Food and Drink Tourism 7. Heritage Tourism
- Fashion Tourism 8. Cultural Tourism (choose an artform)
- Write an article following the format used in the NY Times “36 Hours in…” column.
- Submit your “article” as a post on the course assignment page on the HMGT1101 OpenLab site. Choose the category “36 Hours in…”.
- Embed in your post the links to the online sources you use, also include an APA style reference list at the end of the “article”.
- Upload to the site only the photos you will use in your post. All photographs must be your own and must include a photo credit.
- Alternative format, post a PDF of your “article” on the OpenLab site, choose the category “36 Hours in…”.
Use the criteria discussed in class when choosing and describing your selected restaurants, hotel, and points of interest:
- Restaurants: menu, ambience, service, price value
- Hotel: service, ambience, price value, amenities
- Points of interest: appropriateness, feasibility (within 36 hour time frame)
All writing must be original
Criteria for Assessment
See assignment rubric for more information.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Discuss the scope of the hospitality and tourism industry
- Gather information from observation in regard to the hospitality industry from a local, national and global perspective
- Evaluate and apply information discerningly from a variety of sources to classify and examine food and beverage operations