Reflection of Park Lane Hotel

I enjoyed my visit at Park Lane Hotel. I had sometime to observe the hotel flow and some of the staff before being introduced to the General Manager. The first person I came across was the bellman. He is the first and last person a visitor sees before entering or leaving the hotel premises. I also took notice to the seating areas in the lobby, the cafe and the traffic of tourist and hotel visitors. The hotel manager informed us that the Park Lane Hotel has a 97% occupancy, which is successful for a hotel that is surrounded by other 4 star and % star hotels.

The best part of the tour was the visit to the penthouse suite which was occupied by Leona Helmsley. The view of the NYC skyline and Central Park were breathtaking. The suite goes for $7000 a night and it is worth every penny if you wanted to live like a queen. Hidden walkin closets, hidden salon and the countless chandeliers in every room.

After the tour of the many departments and meeting the people the work to make the hotel a success, we met in the ballroom area where we had the opportunity to pick the brain of the Director of Housekeeping, General Manager and the Director of Front Office. listening to their history of how they started in the industry and how rewarding it is to work in the hotel was interesting.