default fallback image

Week# 1

Hello my name is George Merkerson, im a graphic design major, for my Internship I’m currently working as an freelance intern at Gleason’s Gym, on Water St, Dumbo, Downtown Brooklyn. Its a great gym where many amateurs fighters go to turn into legend like for one Muhammed Ali. who once trained at the same gym himself. During my internship i will be taking photos, working on the logo design for a client (Raul Frank), working on his social media platform, his website, and advertisement as well. I can’t wait to start.

Week # 2

This Week we were going over needed things that were going to affect our project for the internship, But afterwards we only decided to focus on creating content like photography, and video filming.

Week#3

hello right now I’m working at Gleason gym with Raul Frank and we are working on networking for his social media campaign for his personal training profile on youtube, Instagram and Linkedin. Still working on the website and helping him with sponsoring as well.  From “5 tips of networking” you must always have your business on hand in case of clients because you may never know where someone is in need of work that needs to be done for his/her business and shows potential employers. Setting up for creative groups and keeping groups in college is great as well to ask for advice to see how they got the job. and shows ways to get potential work. To be honest I’ve never attended a networking group or event ever before but always wanted to.

Week#4

At Gleason’s, still recording videos and working on a website, as usual, I’ve gotten a new client to work with who a fighter at Gleason’s. And working with another new client next week. The internship is going great! The fighter name is Heather Hardy who planning to schedule a fight soon, I’m eager to see how this part of the project turns out.

Week#5

The internship is going well I’m still doing photography and videography for their social media page and creating a market strategy for them. They want to know how the Instagram and Linkedin pages are going to look, and how the website will turn out as well.

Week#6

Ive been assigned to rework on posters and now create full- thoughtful marketing strategy for the client’s audience.  it was hard to work with them tho due to the pandemic and everything so we’ve decided to work outside today got a lot of amazing pictures from it.

Week#7

Hello the internship is going great! I’m now working on their LinkedIn /Facebook account presentation as well as working on a video advertisement as well. I’ve worked over 96 hours so far. I have a few more to go. Ive finished an the display look for Raul Frank new Instagram page.

Week#8

THis week i creating a promotional video for the client to boost his followers and get him more clients. I’ve submitted to him and he loved it and so did the fighter that she wants me to work with her on her personal training campaign. The video can be viewed Via Instagram at RaulFrankboxing

Week#9

This week i had to help set up their website, right now Its still a work in progress howeever ive created a homepage linking to other pages for workout training videos and boxing videos as well. Soon hopefully this website will be a huge sucess for my clients company and hopefully i will get more clients out of it.

Additional Images