For this assignment, we were to pick a classmate to interview and ask questions based on their bio on OpenLab. I interviewed Amal, a classmate of mine, for this video project. Below were the ten questions that I asked during the interview. From this assignment, I learned how to do an interview and film a video, since I have not done this type of assignment before. Because it was my first time filming an interview video, there were some challenges at the beginning. A challenge that we faced in this interview project was when we started the filming, we didn’t know where or how to start. After many takes, we started to get used to the filming.
This video was originally 4 minutes long, but I edited it down to approximately 3.5 minutes long. To edit the video, I used an app called Quik. This app was pretty convenient, since I was able to edit videos easily. I was able to add a cover page, a credits page, and some background music in the video. After filming this interview video, I feel like it is a good experience for me. Another challenge that we had when filming this video was finding a location to film. At first, we could not decide where to film, either outside or inside CityTech. After few minutes of walking around the building, we decided to film on the floor in the Pearl Building.
From this video project, we were able to get to know one another. While filming, we laughed mostly in the beginning of the video because we were not familiar with each other. The awkwardness between us two was also one challenge in this project. However, we were able to overcome the awkwardness after all the laughing from the start.
- What influenced you to love art and design?
- What do you mostly like to draw or paint?
- Why do you want to become a creative director?
- For photography, do you prefer taking photos in color or black-and-white?
- So far, how do you like the Communications Design major?
- Have you ever come across any difficulties when drawing or doing any art-related work?
- Is there any other things you have interest in, besides art?
- Was there a project that you had done and that you liked?
- Do you have a favorite artist?
- What are some advice you would give to someone who is curious about art?