Eng 3771

3 thoughts on “Eng 3771

1. gina Post author

My one of my major accomplishments professionally was the fact that I was able to join and help out on many different teams in the process of building a new emergency room in the hospital that I work in. I was able to sit in on meetings with high level executives and was asked my opinion on many different topics such as placement of equipment and accessibility. I was hand on with budgeting and order of equipment. One specific task I was given was figuring out the best placement to put the televisions and telephones in each room, so that it would be easy to access from the patient bed but out of the way for the staff and would not get mangled up in a emergency situation where for insist a patient would need to be rushed out of the room. Keeping this in mind I changed the original project that was ordering tableside telephone to the wall mount phones instead. My task on this project was to keep track of what was order and once the orders arrived I was delegated to over see the installations and that the equipment was placed as we had previously determined. After a successful install and the executives were happy with work, I was given the task to oversee the telecommunications and conferences for the executive staff. The emergency room project was several years long, I although came in and work on my part of the better part of eighteen months. It was fast paced and I worked in many different situations, with many different people. Some people I work with involved groups and meeting, other involved phone conversation, but mostly I worked in my office with one other employee.

2. gina Post author

Achiever persona 2nd blog post

The people with the achiever personae are those that are extremely excellent at their job(s). It is a person that excels in the work place by either getting promoted early on in their employment or has several milestone accomplishments. An employee that has this achiever pattern will have an consist upward progress such as getting special rewards and bonuses, is also recognized for their great work, and is involved in decision making and big team projects. This type of person has many successes in their career and strives to accomplish more. They have a vast knowledge and understanding of their jobs and what it takes to be recognized in a positive way. This is the type a person a hiring manager is looking for, a person that can take on a task or new job and go over and beyond what is required and possible making it better than the original plan.
    I do believe I have an achievers persona. I started at my job as the worst employee, nervous and unsure if I wanted to do my job, then something hit me and I realized the better I do at my job the more money I would make. By the end of my first year I was the highest collector and by the end of my second year I had made $20,000 in bonuses. My third year working for the company, they ask me to become a training manager and shortly after that I was the district manager. My attitude and positive work relationships land me a job offer making more money with more responsibilities and if my understanding is correct the job was made especially for me. But my goals are to excel even further and reach more people through my work.

3. gina Post author

Performance based hiring is the hiring of an applicant based on whether they look good on paper and how they do during an interview process. With a lot people fighting for many of the same jobs I know that I will need to try to create myself into someone that can stand out and hopefully beat the other interviewees. One thing I took from the reading is that a job posting and offer is not as it may seem, so during the interview process it is best to inquire what is going to be needed of me as a new employee and where I will land in the company as time goes on. I need to be prepared for after year one not for day one. I have learned years ago the a key to a good interview is to learn about the company and have some idea of what they do and what may be expected of you if you are offered employment. But what I will do now before any interview is practice, I will practice my questions I will learn more than about the company than what is in a baseline Google search. Although I won’t know whether or not my interviewer will like me, so I will be ready for both the easy and the hard questions. My mentality is to think of what the salary will be than whether the job is worth doing, but according to the article it should be the third or fourth thing to account for when accepting the a job. I do want a career that is meaningful and will offer me room to grow and make an impact, so from this point on I will definitely make sure that I ask all about what the job offers what the future will hold for me and the company.