Journal#2 How I found it

The word luck is not enough to describe how I found this internship. In a stressful situation in which I was supposed to find an internship in only one week, I would never have thought I could find such an amazing internship opportunity. After a misunderstanding with the International student office, one week right before the start of the Spring Semester I received the news that I wasn’t going to be able to postpone the internship to the summer. International students need to be full-time every semester and since I am applying for OPT at the end of the semester, it would have been really difficult to request an extra (part-time) semester. The only way to finish my Bachelor degree was to find an internship for this semester. After applying (on Friday) to a couple of internship offers and sending a bunch of emails to different professors of the previous semester, in a couple of days, I had an interview and a professor offering me a position as an intern. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I collected more information about both positions, both would have been online internships. The thought of taking 5 classes (for me taking 4 classes per semester was already challenging) and interning freaked me out for days, but somehow I made peace of mind because it was this way or nothing. On Monday, I received an email from Calling all graphics so I had to make a decision.

Calling all graphics is a printing/graphic design/marketing business, founded more than 10 years ago. Based on current clients, most of the projects would focus on designing menus, menu boards, direct mailers, flyers, posters, signs, logos, brochures… Since I had already experience designing menus, I decided to decline the Calling all graphics internship led by my constant desire of learning something new. Exhibitista Creative was offering me the opportunity to design logos, websites and never done before exhibitions (or at least to see how it is done). Furthermore, I didn’t have to go through another interview because the professor already knew me and the way I work. So I started my internship the same day the semester began.