1. What role does technical communications play in your existing communicative life?Note, it would be helpful for you to re-articulate what technical communications means in this context as you discuss this idea.

Technical communication is everywhere, from sending a work e-mail to the little manuals that come packaged in a video game case. This very blog post is a form of technical communication. Without realizing it until now, technical communication has a substantial role in my life. Through it, I can talk to my friends over text messages, do homework assignments for my courses, learn how to use new devices I order online or figure out how to get around the city. Now with a major in professional and technical writing, I’ll also learn how to produce technical documents as well. It’s definitely going to be something that will be a part of my life for quite awhile.

2. How can a technical communications perspective help you understand how you are connected to others through both technology and culture?

Our phones, computers, Wi-Fi access, and other pieces of technology are very much a part of us today. It keeps us in contact with each other and our work, as well as, the way in which we get our news. With the spread of technical communications, many different cultures around the world will have access to information produced from around the world and allow us to have a glimpse into the cultures of others. However, we must learn to adapt our method of communication as well since something we produce here could be seen as offensive to someone from a different culture.