Greetings,

My name is Goodman George and a I’m Professional and Technical writing student with a specialization in Biology attending the New York City College of Technology (NYCCT). I’m the oldest son of immigrant parents who journeyed from Nigeria to the U.S. One of them is highly-respected schoolteacher and college professor. He attended John Jay College and later earned a Ph.D in Education and teaches at the College of New Rochelle. My mother is registered nurse whose work schedule takes her to places frequently. Recently she’s taken it upon herself to go back to school to earn a higher degree so she can increase her income. It’s because of my upbringing and the fact I’m an American citizen from an African-American family that I aspired to pursue a career in the scientific field, particularly a scientist or a medical doctor. For the most part I did well in general courses leading up to the halfway point where I made the decision to enter the Professional and Technical Writing Dept. Within this field I can use writing skills in conjunction with technology to perform jobs businesses would hire for my services. This is but the first of many bits of myself that will be published as time moves on.