This is my final semester, and it is time to complete an internship in a related field. Preparing for an internship consists of putting together my resume, creating a website to add a collection of my work, and going over possible interview questions. I had worked on an earlier version of my resume in a previous course, but it was more of an outline.  Inspired by resumes on Pinterest, I decided to design my resume using  Adobe Illustrator. In my designed version, I was able to add new skills that I learned since then.

When I first started my website, it was for my Web II course. Now I am using it as a portfolio site. Currently, I use WordPress for data management and uploading some of the work I have completed in previous semesters for my website. I feel that it is a work in progress because I am revising my portfolio with an advisor. As the weeks go on, I will update my final revisions.

In preparation for an interview, I go over questions that I usually have to take time to think about for an answer, for example, what are my strengths and weaknesses. I like to have answers written down so that I can better remember them. I like to think about potential questions I can ask about the company,  employment, and requirements.

I will be applying to internships in graphic design and typography because I feel confident in doing it. Although I prefer internships in graphic design, I am not limiting myself if I see an opportunity that can help expand my other skills and knowledge as a graphic designer. The opportunity I am looking for will allow me to showcase the skills learned in City Tech and teach me about the professional world of communication design.