April 22 Blog post-Preparing for the CATW

During a normal semester, when we are not all working on line, the CATW test is given in a room where you have your paper dictionaries, several writing utensils, a passage and a blue book to write your answers. You will have 90 minutes to respond to the passage. As you know the first step is to read the passage and annotate on it. Reading and annotating, outline development and summarizing should take no longer than 20-25 minutes.  Explain in a few sentences what you plan to do in an on line test in which you will be subject to the same time requirements, but completing all the work in your notebook. How will you manage the time? Since you can’t annotate on the passage, how will you prepare yourself for writing your passage within the same time frame?

13 thoughts on “April 22 Blog post-Preparing for the CATW”

1. I can write down the unfamiliar words and this count as annotate. Also, write numbers in my notebook that represent paragraphs so I can mark down the main idea and summaries the article. Therefore, we can do the samething as we expect before.

2. Since we can’t annotate the passage online, I will prepare myself for writing my essay within to write an essential point in a separate paper and write an outline by 25 minutes. Write my whole essay no longer than 50 minutes and use the last 15 minutes to check and edit my work.

3. Since I don’t have the paper, I will get a loose leaf paper near so I could write down what’s important using at least 15-20 minutes, after this I will started to write the essay, when it’s done if there is still time remain I will go over every paragraph for editing.

4. I will prepare myself for writing my essay by writing the unknown words in notes or a separate paper for checked later and then try to find the main idea of the entire passage and added the unknown words. Write my whole essay and check if you need more edition for about 50 minutes or less.

5. I think the better way to do is scan the document than annotate it by note talking app. It is quick and we can do the same as on paper test. I we can’t annotate on the passage, I think we should scan reading the whole passage first, then read it carefully and take note on the piece of paper by marking the paragraph number. After read twice, find the vocabulary that still confuses on the reading. Last, read the passage one more time to make sure you understand anything or mostly of the passage.

6. Since the time in our catw exam is so short, I will read the passage only two times. In those two times I will try to search up unfamiliar words which I believe will make me understand more the text.Then, I will start immediately with writing my introduction and hopefully I will finish me exam.

7. Since the time in our catw exam is so short, I will read the passage only two times. In those two times I will try to search up unfamiliar words which I believe will make me understand more the text.Then, I will start immediately with writing my introduction and hopefully I will finish me exam.

8. when I start to writing without annotating, I can read the whole paper very deeply and try to get the main idea of the essay and write down in another paper. I also put important words in my response paper to make my essay outline. I also start to summarise the essay.

9. I will annotate main idea, key words and unfamiliar words.
    with this information i can already writing my introduction, with the introduction done, I can start writing sentences for my body paragraph. This will help me with my test.

10. I can write down the unfamiliar words into my notebook and annotate it . I can read the whole paper and try to get main idea and three topic sentence . read the passage one more time to make sure everything good .Then I will start my essay with introduction and hopefully it will be finished at time .

11. When I taking the CATW text I will use the first thirty minute to understand the text.In first I will read the text and draw out the topic sentence.Then I will make a outline for the text and find the word meaning .Then I will use those time to write my own article.

12. I will read the text 2 times. After that I look for unfamiliar words and try to understand what the text is about.Next I will try to find the main idea and start my essay. So I can finish the essay.

13. First, I will read the article and write some notes with the label next to them so I don’t forget where it’s from. Second, I’ll try to understand the points of the text and write them down. Last, I’ll start doing the essay.