Professor Gernert | LC60 | LC67 | Fall 2021

Discussion: Class Introductions

Please introduce yourself to me and your classmates. Please add a comment to this post. The link will show you how. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).

Before our first class, please add your introduction and read any comments.

Get to know your classmates! Reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.

1. Adam Pepere

Hello my name is Adam Pepere. I chose the architecture major because of my ongoing interest within the design field. As a high school student, I studied industrial design and through this class, I discovered a love for design. With a father who is an architect and 2 brothers who are both designers in other fields, I’ve been exposed to many different fields of design. In my free time, I enjoy playing soccer and making many different forms of art. I was born in England however, I’ve spent the last 10 years of my life living in Brooklyn. I studied at Brooklyn Tech for high school and I’m excited to continue my journey in design at City Tech!

2. Sarah Saavedra Cid

Hello everyone! My name is Sarah, my major is architecture. I chose this major since I was fascinated with the idea of creating and building something from scratch from a young age. I love to spend my spare time drawing, painting, and journaling.

3. Nancy Canongo

Hello, My name is Nancy. My major is architectural technology. I pretty much chose to pursue this in a lack of time. I do enjoy doing forms of art (art does not equal perfect drawings or etc, so no, Im not good with drawing) and I was quite curious about the major as well, as was somehow influenced by it due to an art history class in High School. I enjoy math and I am decent in it. I also enjoy reading mysteries and horror. When it comes to music, I just kind of listen to every type of genre. In my spare time, I take time for myself and walk around my neighborhood or spend time with loved ones.

4. kezang dorji

Hello, My name is Kezang Dorji. My major is architecture. I choose this major because when I was a child I also had an interest in drawing, and it made me have an interest in architecture. and I also really enjoyed creating buildings and structures. I really like playing basketball in my spare time. and I also liked to read short stories. I also watched movies in my spare time.

5. Wajiha Ishraq

Hello, my name is Wajiha. I am from Bangladesh. I chose to major in architecture because from a very young age I got interested in buildings and the designs. I enjoy watching house flipping or renovating shows. In my spare time, I like to do some painting, sketching and I do a lot of photographs. I love photography and sometimes I take pictures of myself.

6. Auhtumn

Hello my name is Auhtumn Archibald. I am 18 years old and I decided to major in B.Arch because I have an interest in home design. I love to look at the structure of buildings and admire it. My dream is designing my own home later on in life. I love to play video games and watch anime. I am not that good at drawing but I try my best.

7. Lesley Andon

Hey my name is Lesley Andon . I am 18 turning 19 soon, I chose architecture because my dad has his own construction company and I wanted to learn more about the foundations and how to design and create buildings.Which is why I got interested in architecture. I really like renaissance architecture just because of how much detail it has and it’s really interesting to me . I like to spend my free time drawing and painting and I also like to take pictures and read. I love Harry Potter movies, scary movies and I love the office.

8. Emmanuel De Jesus

Hey, my name is Emmanuel De Jesus
    I am excited for this course and I am eager to design something. I was born and currently live in New york city, I am 18 years old. I have been interested in drawing and painting my entire life so I chose architecture to continue my passion. In my free time I make music and play basketball.

9. Emmanuel

Hello my name is Emmanuel. My major is architectural technology I chose this major because since I was young when I went to my sister high school they had an architectural program where student made floor plan and build models it made me admired it and show the creativity and different perspectives towards it. In my free time I like to play baseball and listen to music.

10. Jairo

Hi my name is Jairo. I currently major in Architectural Technology and my reasoning for it is because of the creativity aspect. I’ve always been a very observative person so I took a liking on sky scrapers due to the fact that they are high up and are able to with stand certain environmental conditions and other stuff of that category. On my off time I watch shows and listen to music.

11. Alina Beznos

Hi. My name is Alina Beznos. I’m from Ukraine. I’m 31 years old, and it’s my second major. The first one was a pattern maker. I have good skills in drawing and math. These two majors are close. My husband has a real estate company. I would always be interested to be a part of their business. However, I think that in a few years we will be able to build our own houses. I will be an architect in their company. I’m very excited about this, so I want to get the most out of this education.

12. Andy Vasquez

Hello, My name is Andy. My current major is Architectural Technology, and I chose it because it allows me to be creative. I’ve always been really observant and what appealed to me the most ever since I was a child, were train stations and how they withstand certain weathers. Things I do in my spare time are edit stuff on photoshop or premiere pro or play video games.

13. Jeffrey Morris

Hi, my name is Jeffrey Morris I am 18 years old and a architecture major. I like architecture for the building design and have big goals of maybe designing my own house or building. I enjoy reading sometimes in the morning to get through my day, and its relaxing and calming. I listen all types of music. In my spare time I go out enjoy the outdoors before it starts to get too cold. Spending time with friends outdoors is great.