The game is now set up with the core mechanic integrated into the environment. The player grabs the furniture piled up on the bed and places it around the room. Once it enters the trigger zone and the grab ends the object snaps into place. I struggled a bit with getting the rotation right since rotating to a specific point requires a Quaternion but I eventually found Quaternion.Euler() and was able to control the rotation of objects.

In the Unity Editor, I attached the scripts to each object and then attached a light and a particle system to the script. Then I gave an empty object with a box collider on it a tag with the name of the object it would be colliding with i.e. “desk” “shelf”. With everything in place I simply needed to iterate across all the items in the space. The most tedious part was inputting all the item location coordinates manually but as I said in a previous post I’m not sure of a way around it.

The next step is to add more details to make the game more exciting and immersive. I’m not sure what that entails but we’ll see what develops.