Visual Quote

This assignment required me to choose a quote and provide two typographic interpretations as well as one with an image.

“Tomorrow is just a dream away” is a quote from Batman, it is what Thomas Wayne used to tell Bruce whenever he had a bad day. I chose to use this quote because it has a double meaning. The quote can be taken literal or it can be interpreted as inspirational. It is up to the reader how they will perceive this quote.

Pic Quote

Pic Concept

Pic Concept

This concept I chose an image of a night sky. I used white for the text to contrast with the background. I chose a handwriting style of font to represent the simplicity of the quote.

Quote Concept 2

Concept 2

Concept 2

This concept turned out to look different from my original sketch.I used a slab-serif typeface and lines to separate the words. I made the word “dream” bold and a larger font size for emphasis. I kept it black and white to give it a simplistic look.

Quote Concept 1

Concept 1

Concept 1

For this concept I used a handwriting typeface to emphasize “dream away.” The entire quote is in white  to contrast with the midnight blue background. I chose those two colors because white represents new beginnings and blue stands for peace, order and loyalty which Batman also stands for.

Draft

Draft

Draft

Sketch

Sketches