Branding

This assignment required me to create a ligature to use as a logo for my eportfolio.

cropped-final.png

For my logo I used the Product Sans typeface and my initials. I placed a lowercase c inside of the uppercase G. I made the letter c a smaller font size so there could be an even amount of space between the letters. I usedĀ black as the color because it stands out against the white background of the page. I decided to spell out my name next to the logo so the reader can know what the initials stands for. I rotated it 45 degrees from the original soĀ it can resemble the power symbol.

I preferred this logo over the others because itĀ contains both of my initials. It could be used in many applications such as my avatar. Both the letters inĀ the logo and my name are readable. I ended up using this logo because of its simplicity.

Diamond_logo

For this preliminary logo I used the color blue to contrast with the page and only my first initial. I did not go with this logo because it is too similar to the Diamond Supply Co logo and only has one of my initials.Ā 

green_logo

For this preliminary logo I used the color greenĀ to contrast with the page. I used the negative space in the shape to form the letter G. Ā I did not choose this logo because it has only only 1 of my initials and the letter G blends in with the background.

prelogo

I used this logo because of its simplicity. It contains both of my initials and is easily read. I used black so it can be reproducible. In the final logo I rotated it by 45 degrees so it looks more like a power symbol.