Dear Future Students,

I am writing this letter to inform you that every class you take will have its obstacles and difficulties, especially during a time like this. Ever since the pandemic, Covid-19 struck the world, everything and I mean everything changed. We have switched from in-class learning to virtually being taught. And let me just say it is NOT easy and it is not the same. However, if you are taking this class, it can go by like a breeze or you could hit many bumps. In my case, I think I could have gotten an A+ but like I said circumstances and situations changed it for me and I got lost towards the end. Two assignments that really stuck with me is the discourse community writing assignment and the multimodal project. The reason I chose the discourse community essay was because I was passionate about it. I loved writing about the Black Lives Matter movement especially during a time where things have really heightened, and many tragedies have happened in a country were racism was supposedly “abolished” many years ago. However, that was not the case and sadly it still happens to this day. Overall, it was an assignment that I really enjoyed completing and did not feel like I had to do too much. The second assignment that I found compelling, was the multimodal project, it taught me so much that I did not know. My topic was homelessness in NYC, this topic is just so big, it was difficult for me to pinpoint exactly what I wanted to talk about but with enough research and facts, I got there (I think). Overall, a well informed and knowledge-filled assignment that taught me plenty. The best advice I could give you for online-learning and how to succeed is to relax. Do not stress over it more than you need to. It will all go by one day and just know if you do your part, you will be okay. This class was definitely useful for the career that I want to do in my future, which is law and being a lawyer is not easy. However, with all the research and writing aspects that I was assigned to do in this class will benefit me in being an attorney. Being a lawyer requires great writing, reading, and researching skills. So good luck future student. And thank you so much Professor Ruth Garcia for a great semester.

Best Regards,

Amenah Elenani