Dear Future Student, 

It is my honor to write to a future English student. I had English Class during the pandemic and our course was fully online. I hope things are better in the future and the in person classes have resumed. Online class is rough but our professor has made an easier path for us. During this Fall semester I have worked full time, had 6 classes and I have a child to take care of. It was not easy but time management is the key. Make sure you follow the agenda every week. Every Thursday there is an agenda posted and it includes what is due for the following Monday and the following Wednesday. Make sure you keep up with the agenda and read all the announcements. Furthermore, there are three different major assignments to do throughout the course, make sure you mark the due dates in the calendar and work on the assignments little by little in order to prevent cramping all the work in one day. 

As long as you are very organized with the work and submit all your work on time, you should be fine. You will also have several articles to read. One of my favorites was Speech given by Fredrick Douglass on the 4th July 1852.““The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro”. This speech was my favorite because it was very meaningful. We also broke down the passage by quotes and analyzed the quotes which gave me a better understanding of the passage. I also realized that I should be reading more historical books in order to improve my reading skills. 

Overall, have fun with the semester. Don’t stress too much about the courses and your grade. I am sure professors would understand that there are so many problems going on around the world right now. Stay healthy during these hardships and always protect your loved ones. Always remember, it is always about having your loved ones around you and that is the most important thing in the world, not whether you got an A or B or C. 

Good luck,

Shahnoza