Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - HD18 | Spring 2022

Preliminary Research and Picking a Topic

The topic I have chosen to write about is gun violence and how guns need to be banned. With Guns being banned it would be harder for people to get their hands on them illegally. If it’s harder to get their hands on them then less crimes would be committed. I think that the police should be the only people to have guns because there is no reason for other people to carry guns on them. After researching the topic guns were supposed to be used for self defense but they don’t use it for defense instead it gets used by inner city gangs and drug dealers.According to American and proud “ Guns are unnecessary. In 98% of civilian gun defenses, no shot is fired. If you are not going to fire a shot, you clearly don’t need a gun.”

My questions are

What can we do to ban Guns?

Will there be a huge difference if guns are banned?

Would it still be possible to get their hands on guns illegally?

1. Ruth Garcia

Alex. This topic needs to b narrowed down. Have you found any laws that are being recommended? Or have you found any particular plans that are being suggested as away to end gun violence? Perhaps there is a group of activists with a particular point of view about how to proceed? You could pick one of these particular laws, plans, or points of view and advocate for or against it in an Op-Ed/