About WPC

The company where I am currently working for this semester is Women’s Press Collective (WPC). I am working as a designer, I also work as a team with other inters. WPC is a small organization located in Park Slope, Brooklyn (68 12th St). The organization is for the community, and anyone is welcome. WPC primary goal is to help the community and those people who want their voice to be heard. Most of WPC’s clients are people from communities with low-income. People come to the organization asking for help to create fliers, book covers, brochures, business cards, etc. All the work WPC does is free of charge, and all their supplies they provide are donation from people and companies.

WPC was founded in 1982 in Brooklyn. WPC is an all-volunteer, and non-government funded organization. The organization unites writers, designers, printers and other media professionals withthe community. Volunteers can sign up for anything they want; they can donate their time as drivers, teachers, and phone callers, among other things. The main focus of this organization was to help organize farmers and fight for their rights and have a voice through main media such as newspapers and flyers. The organization is not happy with what today’s media shows, instead of showing real news about the community and the things that really matter they focus on celebrities and the latest trends.