My Journey To Getting an Internship

For my internship, I am apart of the design team with two of my fellow classmates. At the start of the semester I was unaware I had to have an internship before classes started. I was behind for around two or three weeks after the start of the semester. I started looking at jobs that would take interns but that also applied to my major and the area of focus I wanted to study, graphic design or communication design. By the first week I was informed by my professor that I had to start looking for a job and interviewing. I had trouble getting an interview or a response. I mostly applied to jobs on Indeed and didn’t receive any offers. 

By the second week, I was desperate to find an internship and my professor suggested I contact myself with a few places that were looking for interns in design or the arts field. I did just that and contacted the CEO of Giving Forward by emailing him my situation, resume, and portfolio website. I was fortunate by the next day he had emailed me back that I was a part of the interns for this semester. I was CC’d into the already existing thread of emails with my classmates who also applied to the company. The thread basically welcomed us and gave us a brief introduction to our responsibilities.