Hi everyone! Here is the work for our next week “meeting.”
- We have two readings up now on Perusall, one by Carmen Kynard (previously of John Jay) and one by Nelson Graff, about teaching research. Please read and annotate both.
- After reading, please post a blog post to this Open Lab site considering (some of) the following questions:
- What does the term “research paper” mean to you?
- How might we expand our definitions of research and “research paper” to more fully contain the curiosity and delight of research and discovery?
- What are some ways you have taught research in the classroom– successfully and unsuccessfully?
- What are some ways you have engaged in your own research– successfully and unsuccessfully?
Please note, you don’t have to answer all of these questions– these are just starting points to guide a post about research!