Hi everyone! I was having some technical difficulties, but everything is up now. But since I have been remiss, I’m making deadlines much later.
Note: We will not be meeting this Weds, March 17, (though there is asynch work throughout the week.). We will meet synchronously on Weds March 24!
By Mon, March 22 (6 pm):
- Please read and annotate the Carmen Kynard article on our Perusall site.
- I’ve also added an optional article by Nelson Graff, which was the basis of our Unit 2/3 assignment, so it’s certainly worth a read. Feel free to add some annotations here too.
- Write a blog post (here on the Open Lab) about the following:
- Think about a time when you got really interested in something and researched that thing. How did you get interested? How did you go about the research? What did you DO with that research?
- With Kynard (and Graff, if you read him) in mind, how might we (or how do you already) expand the definitions of a research paper to more fully contain the curiosity and delight of “real” research?
By our next meeting, March 24:
- Read over your colleagues’ blog posts and comment on one or two
- Watch THIS video about the final portfolio. We’ll talk about it, but if you have questions beforehand, feel free to post them in a blog post here on Open Lab (use category 1101 Portfolio)
Incidentally, to make that video, I used screencastomatic and, for the graphics, canva. Both have both free and paid features.
Screencast-o-matic is a screenshot program that records the screen and your voice (and your face, if you want.) I often use it for commenting on student writing.