The semester schedule and the accompanying assignments linked to below have been specifically designed for teaching English 1121 asynchronously. We encourage you to use the documents in whichever way is most helpful: use them in their entirety by cloning the ENG 1121 Core Books Model Course on the OpenLab or copying the materials into a Blackboard site, pluck out certain units, or adapt the exercises to fit with your existing syllabus. These materials incorporate ideas from both the Core Books at CUNY curriculum and the English Department’s First-Year Writing curriculum, as well as distance education and continuity best practices.
Find the Core Books 1121 materials here on the Model Course Hub:
- Instructor Schedule with details regarding all assignments and readings
- Student Schedule with a streamlined calendar of due dates and assignments
- Assignment guidelines for Unit 1
- Assignment guidelines for Unit 2
- Assignment guidelines for Unit 3
- Final Reflection guidelines
- Final Portfolio guidelines
Or find them on the ENG 1121 Core Books Model Course.
You will notice that we include reading and writing of some sort for every class day. Our goal is to create a routine practice of reading and writing to help students stay connected to the course.
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about Core Books at CUNY curriculum or these materials.
Ruth Garcia RGarcia@citytech.cuny.edu
Suzanne M. Miller SMMiller@citytech.cuny.edu
Core Books at CUNY Campus PIs