HW 6: Picturing Breakfast Around The World

In my culture, children are always told: “Eat breakfast yourself, share lunch with a friend and leave dinner for an enemy”. I grew up following this phrase and I can’t imagine a good day without having a breakfast. In American society, especially if living in NYC, during a busy morning, it’s easy to let breakfast fall low in your list of priorities, but just a few minutes to make something easy but filling to eat can really make a difference to your day. Breakfast provides the body with fuel and energy after an overnight fast. It is a good source of important nutrients and vitamins such as calcium, protein, iron and many more. While reading the New York Times article “Rise and Shine” about what kids around the world eat for breakfast, I was amazed how the world cultures can differ from each other presenting such a wide variety of the meals consumed by people from different countries. Yet, most of them have displayed that having breakfast is important. Many studies of children have shown that it is the best way to improve memory and concentration levels as well as attainment, behavior and better grades. I believe that fruit and vegetables contain daily portion of vitamins and minerals so I try to include them in my meal to get through munnamedy day.

Quince and Chia Greek Yogurt