Cheyenne Acosta: If your cake isn’t 10 feet tall, you can’t sit with us.

That excerpt was amazing to watch. So many people needed to put together a 3 course meal for one person! Just handing the King his bread took 3 people to pass it down. That was unnecessary. Well, in our society I think a good example of measuring status by food is at weddings. I’m in the middle of planning my own December wedding, so this is the first thing that popped into my head! I think the height of a wedding cake is a very good count of status. The bigger/higher the wedding cake equates to the number of guests you have. The more people at your wedding, the more well-known you are. I mean, that’s the general idea. For example, I recently came across an article of a famous Hong Kong singer/actress by the name of Angela Yeung having a $31 million wedding! Her cake had a carousel in it! A carousel! Yeung had 2,000 guests! I don’t know that many people. She beat out even Kim Kardashian’s wedding! While I’ll probably only have a wedding cake that’s a foot tall because I’ll only have about 30 guests. So, I can conclude that your wedding cake height is equal to your status in society.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristintablang/2015/10/19/inside-chinese-star-angelababy-huang-xiaoming-31-million-wedding-shanghai/

Lavish: Actress, singer and model, Angelababy, married leading actor Huang Xiaoming, in an elaborate wedding in Shanghai last week