Picturing Breakfast Around the World

My first immediate reaction when I view the breakfast pictures from around the world was “wow, these kids have one heck of a fulfilling meal”.  It made me envy because I will never have the time to prepare such fulfilling breakfast with small dishes on the side. The breakfasts from other country  looks very healthy and essential for the kids. Some of the meal even look more like it should be serve for brunch instead of breakfast. Overall I think I think it is impressive compare to what kids eat in America. Sugary cereal with milk might fill their stomach until lunch time but it doesn’t qualify as a healthy breakfast in my opinion. I am guilty of skipping breakfast or have unhealthy breakfast like Nutella on toast.

I remember my professor from Perspective of Hospitality Management told the class that the American breakfast which includes bacon egg and cheese with toast or waffles are ideal breakfast for the farmers. “But guess what guys? We are not farmers, therefore we consumed more carbs than we should.” My ideal breakfast would be something healthy and flavorful like an acai bowl. It contains thick smoothie topped with fruits, oatmeal and peanut butter or dark chocolate.

Acai bowl.