One of the greatest things I’m learning about during this internship is web design. Something I’ve always wanted to learn aside from being a better designer, is how to code for web design. This is something that I’ve had basic knowledge on, unfortunately it is also an area of which I’ve been really rusty with. Our department is completely related to design. I’ve been introduced to deadlines and finding out what clients want best. I’ve experienced what it’s also like to send proposals. Recently, one of my posters for the new way to login to Blackboard was proposed to the heads of CUNY and the design will be used throughout CUNY. When George Rosa informed me of this, the reaction I gave was simply, NO WAY!
Typically, I walk into the EdTech at 9am to start the day. After saying “Good Morning” to everyone in the office, I either work on any work from the previous day or I’ll ask Wilfredo if there’s anything new to start on that day. As of recently, most of the work has gone into updating the new websites for Hostos community College and making all of them work together in a cohesive unit. Since my days are fairly short, I would typically just work on whatever tasks are given to me for that day unless it’s a full day like Friday. On Fridays, I do my work for the morning until about 1pm when I go out for lunch. I would usually take that hour break to recollect and have some time to myself until I return. Then, I work on whatever additional tasks are given until 5 pm when I head home.