Going into EdTech on the first day was completely different than the other rooms within Hostos Community College. Walking into a room to see a bunch of Mac Desktops with huge Wacom tablets was like walking into seeing open presents on Christmas day, or the feeling you get when you go into an “all you can eat” buffet. The attire within the “office” is business casual, as usual in any workplace, no shorts. As an intern, these rules don’t necessarily apply to me, however, I always go dressed somewhat business casual but you’ll never find me in shorts.
There’s a mixture of the environment of our work areas. The interns are normally working in an open area with two rows of 3 iMacs. However, there are several desks of which, have their own Mac Desktops. I’ve recently been moved from the open area to having my own desk within the workroom. Most of the days for interns are part time but the staff however, is full time. You can find them working on different request sent in by others within the school. I’ve noticed that Wilfredo always takes his lunch at about 12:30 for an hour and then returns to work until 5pm. Pretty typical work day but when you’re working and enjoying it, time just flies right by!