Welcome to the class blog! Occasionally I will upload documents on the blog here. I might also use Open Lab to alert you to a canceled class or about extra credit, so having an account is very important (and, besides that, is a requirement of this class)!
Today’s assignment is listed below. Please note that I will often upload assignments here or list them for your convenience. I will also list homework here. The homework directions will always be clear and complete and include a due date. To receive full credit on assignments and homework, you must follow all directions and turn it in on the due date.
- Join the OpenLab.
https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/ is the OpenLab website.
- You can click the sign up button on the left side or along the top bar (or just click the bolded words in this sentence)
- https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/fox022rfall2016/ is our class website. (That’s where we are right now.)
- Join our class page
- Comment on this post with
- Your name (and nickname, if you would prefer to be called by one)
- What type of reading you like the most (fiction, nonfiction, magazines, sci-fi, etc)
- What you find most difficult about reading
When you create an OpenLab account, it will ask you to fill out some information about yourself. Please use your actual name or nickname given in class as your display name.
After you create an account, don’t forget to add the course and comment on this post by clicking the grey words saying “leave a reply” at the top!
This assignment is due by the beginning of class next Tuesday, September 6th. No credit will be given to posts made after 11:30 am on Tuesday.
These are the books you need for this class. Buying them is a requirement:
Urban Reader for College Writers, 1st ed; L. Grujicic-Alatriste, Kendall Hunt Publishers and the Reading and Vocabulary Workbook.