Unit 3 Reading 1 Homework

After reading through the worksheet on Organization of Argumentative Essays to page 172, look at the topics at the top of page 173 and choose one. Write a complete introduction to an argumentative essay on this topic and bring it with you to class on Tuesday.

Additionally, before 10pm Sunday, March 12th, comment on this post with a response to these questions:

1. Everyone has a different version of success. For some it’s love, for others it’s money, and for still others it’s service. There are even more definitions of success than this. What is success to you and why?
  2. How far do you think people should go to achieve their success? Should they leave home? Their families? Should they give up their possessions or comforts? Is there a point where you should settle for less to keep some of these things? What do you think and why?

Before class on Tuesday, March 14th, respond to at least one classmate’s comment either by agreeing with them and expanding thoughtfully on one of their points, or by respectfully disagreeing with one of their points and explaining your position.

Both your comment and your reply to a classmate’s comment should be well though out, in good English with your best spelling and grammar, and consist of several sentences.

This counts as a homework grade. Follow all directions and do your best work to get full credit.

51 responses to “Unit 3 Reading 1 Homework

1. 1- Success for me is a mix of everything. believe in God and be a good person, love yourself and others, treat others like you want to be treat, be health and happy, and less but not least money. Because without money at these days, we can not live.
    2 – To achieve success some people does everything that can, even not appropriate things. Some people must leave their home, families which is sad but needed. Others leave possessions and some comforts to start their life again. I think people does what they can to survive and in my point of view, it is not my business to judge them. Personally, I try to do the right thing.

2. 1. Success to me is take care of my parent’s and let them happy, because I love them and I think no matter how success you are if no one can share your success for me is noting no matter how much money you have .
    2. people do not need to leave their families because families will to support and encourage them when they are tire. They need to give up they are possessions and comforts because people should to understand success is not easily to complete.

3. 1. As far as I am concerned, I define success as simply achieving our goals. Achieving the goals we have set is for me the most beautiful accomplishment, it is often a great pride for us. Although human by nature is insatiable, after having reached our goals we always tend to set new goals; Which for me is a success in itself.

2. It is true that many people in the quest for success forget what often is more important. Among these important and indispensable things for success, we have the family, the well-being or possessions that we previously earned hard. Most of the time these people get lost on the road and end up with failure. It is good to fight and give the maximum of self to succeed because success is never a gift, but it is also important not to forget or sacrifice the important things in our lives.

4. 1. Success for me is being always happy. Happiness is one of the reason who people want live in the world, and the reason of we do most things for.

2.I think achieve success is not that difficult, all you need is being patience and confident. As a person self being success means to overcome different challenge in your life. Although with those two things can able to help you solve most problem in your life and make you success.

5. 1-In my opinion to be success is to believe in God and worship him and parents satisfaction is so important so that we should to take care of our parents because parents are everything in life.

2- I think we should not leave our families because our families always wish to as a great life so they do there best to help as to achieve to our goal and we need someone who support as and give as good advise

6. 1.-Success is the end satisfactory result of a task or goal. It consists in doing what makes us happy. In addition, success must be linked to a balanced life.

2.-In my view, success is different for each person, so some make great sacrifices until they achieve it. For example, students who leave their homes and travel to other countries.

• Your comment about a balanced life is an excellent one. We need so many things put together to truly be successful and happy; simply succeeding in one area of our lives is not usually enough if we are also failing in others.

7. 1.Everyone has a different version of success. For some it’s love, for others it’s money, and for still others it’s service. There are even more definitions of success than this. What is success to you and why?
    -To me, success means do what i love and earn enough money to take care of own family and be able to enough time to relax.

2.How far do you think people should go to achieve their success? Should they leave home? Their families? Should they give up their possessions or comforts? Is there a point where you should settle for less to keep some of these things? What do you think and why?
    -I think to achieve my success, i should leave home,families but it’s hard for me to give up those comfort and composure.

8. 1. My version of success is to have two kids. Since i am a single child i felt very lonely during night time, it’s just too quite and no one to fight with and i don’t want my kids to have this experience. More than two would be annoying.

2.we should give up anything that is necessary to achieve their success but only the necessary.

9. 1-
    Success for me is when one-day people will know my parents by my name and my mom and dad will say that I have made them proud.
    2-
    People should leave their family, if they want to go reach success because in order to earn something, you have to let go many important things. Success does not come to you walking. You have to work for it to get something. If you have to leave your comfort then I think you should leave it because success means is to earn something good in life. You cannot just get anything special in your life specially if you didnot work of it.

10. everyone has his own version of success. some associate their success with love, some with money and others with family. To me success is how to be optimistic and find chance in every difficulties.It is how i feel about the goal that i set up for myself. success is how to make obsticlas a step-stone for success.
    sometimes we face many distraction in our life that prevent us from paying attention to achieve our goals and this distraction could be a financial problem or could be the environment that you life in. trying to leave family and be more independent is a key for success because being away from home gives us the ability to rely on ourselves and gives us the encourage to stand on our feet.

• “being away from home gives us the ability to rely on ourselves and gives us the encourage to stand on our feet.” Ali it is good point because being someone by own capacity it help us not depend on their people.

• I love your idea of success. There will always be hard times in life, but how you face those times and make use of them for the future truly determines your success in navigating hardship and life in general!

11. 1) For me the success would be at my education development. For example, if I pass my remedial class and then move on to my credit class. It will be great thing and happiest thing ever because not passing these remedial classes it is painful. However, my future goal is to be Nurse so, as soon as I pass these class I may move forward my subject to work on. And I may graduated early which I will account it is biggest accomplishment in my life.

2) People should go as far as necessary to complete and success their mission. On the other hand, if it is imperative and mandatory to leave home and their families, also give up their possessions and comfort in that case my opinion will be that it fair and reasonable to do and move on by self dependent. Because if anyone give up something In order to get something there will be a moment it will pay each people for their hard work.

12. 1. Success to me means a lot. I used to put happiness and passion in the first place of my standard. But now life are getting harder and harder. I am forcing myself to work hard and study. I realize i am out of joy. I recognize that give up the time you have right now not means the end of the world. But if someone really want to be success in their life, god will take away something from them. To me, i just enjoy the time i have when i stick with my friend. And i want everyone to be happy and even though i am not.

2. A lot of people out there want to be success and chasing their dream by leaving their home. It’s common. But to me, leaving home is my choice if not the last choice. To some people, they can be giving up anything in order to achieve their goal and make their dream alive.

• I agree with your idea of having happiness and passion, most people in nowadays sets their goal as earning a lots of money or buy a house at certain age, but after they reach their goal, they realize that they don’t feel happy at all when they reach their goals.

13. 1.In my opinion, I think the success that achieve your goals, because the formation of goal is that we’re not able to do something or complete something, and when complete the goals, it shows we get the improvement. No matter the magnitude of goals, as long as you achieve them, you are successful.
    2.How far to get success, this question should involve personal ability. If you have talents for your goals, you will easily achieve. If you are not, you will take a long time for train or practice and you are not as easily as people with talent. In addition, I think that family is an important factor to make you successful, because they will get you a lot of encourage in your spirits, but you will lost something that you belong like possessions or comforts, because success need to pay and it will be return.

14. 1.Many people’s way of success is to make a lots of money, In my version of success is to follow my dream, doing the things that i am please to do, like when I reach my dream, I will be so proud that I did it.
    2.For your own success, it depends on how your goal is set up, lets say, my dream is travel around the world. You couldn’t just leave the house today and get on the plane.You have to give up your job which mean the income, you have to leave the family, friends ,ext.. Its never easy, meanwhile if i accomplish it, I will so proud of my self, i can tell my son/daughter that I travel every where in the world.

15. 1.success to me means do my best in my life. Take care to my parents, find a job that I enjoy it and get the high payment, have a sweet family. This is success of my future. Now, Success to me is pass all the class and graduation from college.

2.People have different success stage in life. Those success can be easy or difficult. Easy can more faster to achieve, difficult will spend more time to achieve. Family as a important factor to encourage you to achieve your success, It can’t be lacking. Many people want to be successful and leave their home to find a opportunity. It’s a choice that I don’t choose it. Because there are many ways to achieve my success, it’s not a only way.

16. 1. I think when you achieve your goals and dreams then you can say that I got success in my life. when I do hard work and I got it’s positive results that is sucess for me. Because it’s build my confidence and I am ready to do something new in my life.

2. Whole world is running after sucess. I think people can leave their home, their comforts, their possession to get success in life. To follow your goals that’s the sucess for me. Everyone set a goal of life and by the time it’s change continuously. Then, they will become​ greedy for sucess. They want more and more success and then they leave whatever they have to achieve something new. this is the rule, to get something you have to leave something.

17. Everyone has a different version of success. For some it’s love, for others it’s money, and for still others it’s service. There are even more definitions of success than this. What is success to you and why?
    How far do you think people should go to achieve their success? Should they leave home? Their families? Should they give up their possessions or comforts? Is there a point where you should settle for less to keep some of these things? What do you think and why?

Sucess is the celabration of hard work. I belive that sucess don’t come overnight. You should have passion and be willing to give up things you love in orden to sucess. Moreover many people have to leave their famillies, friends and homeland in orden to follow they dream. In most case they have to settle in places where they might feel unconstable, because of the envirenment, lenguage, and the way of living.

18. 1-everyone has different type of success, what I mean by this is that people that are successful in life have different type of motivation, some do it for love, some do it for money, but theres a lot more definition of success, for me success is something that we achieve after hard work, something that we suffer for and at the end it feels so good to achieve what you wanted at the beginning.

2-success isn’t something easy to achieve, you have to pass through a lot of challenges that at the end would be worthy for the person who made an effort to get it, it means that you should do everything to achieve, anything.

19. 1- Everyone wants to be successful on life, however nobody have a clear definition of success. success can be anything, all depend on the person, for my success is to be with my family and friends, reaching our dreams together. why? because family and friends push you to continue no matte how hard or difficult is the way to your dream, we always find the way together.

2- I think that people should do everything on their hands to achieve what they want, if you really want something you might bet everything on it. however all depend on the person and on their believe of success, after their have clear what is success for them, then they can make the decision.