This will be the second and final grade in the research section of your grade book.
After reading Unit 6: Chapter 1 in the Urban Reader for College Writers, you should answer these questions and be prepared to share them with your classmates on Monday.
- Name and briefly explain/summarize the three methods outlined in the chapter for helping college students manage their money and credit.
- Which of these methods do you use? Which do you think is the best? Why?
- Choose two American banks. Some examples are Bank of America, TD Bank, HSBC (which is not originally American, but operates here), Capital One, US Bank, Arvest, Wells Fargo, or Citi bank. It’s ok to use a different bank than any of the ones listed here as long as they do business in America.
- Research the services your chosen banks provide to students. Maybe they have special checking accounts or special credit cards. Choose one service at each bank and write a short report outlining the advantages and disadvantages of the service for students at each bank.
- Decide which bank you think is better for students to use and explain why. Be prepared to share all of this information with the class on Monday and to turn in a written version to me with all this information as well.